10.26.2002

GOT TO BELIEVE. I just finished watching the movie, and this just reaffirms my belief that I am 1) an incurable romantic (I actually stood hearing Claudine Barretto rip off some of the most memorable lines from movies like 'Love Story', and in the end winded up really liking it.) 2) truly JOLOGS. There is simply no hope for me.

Anyway, after watching the movie, it just saddened me all the more how Claudine and Rico's story ended in real life. I don't follow their careers and love story, but everyone who reads the paper (including the broadsheets) would surely not miss their story. It's fodder for the tabloids. I recall reading the whole sordid situation between their families in Yes! magazine a couple of months after Rico died, and I couldn't believe how messy the whole thing got. Minus all the hoopla, the story is just really sad.

Anyhow, I couldn't wait to watch THE TWO TOWERS. I also couldn't believe it has been almost a year since I saw the Fellowship of the Ring, but I have yet to read the book. Hay naku, as if I would be able to read it this sem break...just too damn short!