11.09.2004

Yoohoo!

*I just felt like writing something in here.*

Well, anyway, nothing really major happened today, except for a bit of info I learned from my boss earlier. Thanks to him, I now have an idea of specifying the proper thickness for glass panes. I learned that the thickness depends on 1) whether the window is supported on all 4 sides or 2 sides, 2) the area of the window (for glass supported on all sides) or the unsupported span (for windows supported only on 2 sides and 3)specified wind load. Oh yeah, various types of treatments with the glass (i.e. tempering the glass) increases the strength of the glass with a factor of... well, you get the picture.

*shrugs*

And that was that. Like I said, nothing earthshattering happened today. But I wish each day was like today - I discover something new. And maybe work wouldn't be such a drag after all.:)

***
Her name is Kyungjin. Yeo Kyungjin.
I feel strange just saying her name.
She has something special that no one else can touch.
-- From the movie 'Windstruck'





I watched Windstruck, a Korean movie, last Sunday. I kinda made a vow to forget everything I was doing and finally (FINALLY!) view the video that has been already waiting for me to watch it for around 3 weeks...

I'm glad I put all other things aside. I loved this movie.

Well...to the die hard MSG (My Sassy Girl) fans, this movie may fall a bit from your expectations, but I think 'Windstruck' is still a gem of a movie. I laughed. I cried. I cried some more. Then I laughed.

*sigh*

Well, in my best I'm-so-sleepy-to-make-kwento mode, 'Windstruck' is about a female police officer (played by the Korean 'It' girl, Jeon Ji Hyun) and a male physics teacher (Jang Hyuk) falling for each other. Well, that's that -- they fell in love. No great discoveries in here. And then, something happened in the course of their relationship. It became the catalyst in the story.

So there. Go watch it.

(It just occurred to me that since I'm having a hard time giving the gist of this movie's plot, it's either there might be no real plot to this or I don't want to give out spoilers.)

The director of this movie is also the same director for 'My Sassy Girl' and 'The Classic'. Watch out for scenes that pay homage to these two other movies.

Despite it being a chopsuey type of a movie, I STILL LOVE THIS MOVIE. What is it with Korean filmmakers that they manage to turn comedies into sobfest movies?

*sob sob*

Anyway, I'll just post pictures from the movie.




#1 Kyungjin.



#2 Myungwoo.



#3 Dancing to a Motown tune under the rain.