5.02.2005

It’s been a while since I’ve last updated…

Anyway, it’s been a hot summer (hehe, as expected.) I like to think I’m pretty much adjusting well into my new workplace, as well as with the kind of work I’m being given. I like it this way – usually, at the start of the week I grumble and beg about being given another day off, but as soon as I get into the swing of things at work, I get excited about the prospect of finishing one task after another that before I know it, the day is over. I usually have to remind myself that I should leave work at the office though. It’s getting addicting trying to lap up one job after another.

At times, it is sad to be in the office. Mainly because the college-like atmosphere I once enjoyed in my former office is gone. Most of my officemates, although only a couple of years older than I am, are married men and women who are different from the kind of happy-go-lucky, single people I used to hang out with. Aside from this, Sir JRP also entrusts me with work that in my former office, is being handled by someone who’s about twice my age. Although it’s challenging and exciting for the most part, working with adults makes work feel much more like.. work with concepts like ‘working for a living’, ‘working to feed the family’, and ‘working to keep the firm alive’ attached to it. Without meaning to, nowadays I carry myself with an adult-like demeanor, even if I really don’t look like or feel like one.

Honestly, at most times I feel inadequate, especially when I do things that are similar to what my former boss does. I think of the things he used to do, and think, I haven’t reached that level. But I just do my best to do well.

***
Of course, not all is about work. Or else I might go nuts.(Perish the thought.) For the past couple of Saturdays, I’ve been hanging around Manila. It’s really such an interesting place.:) Last, last Saturday, I was with Joyce and Ros. The following Saturday, I was with Marvin.

Picture Gallery # 1 – My date with Joyce and Ros.

We hung out at the Orchidarium in Rizal Park and Intramuros by nightfall. We three girls had dinner at a restaurant inside the Orchidarium – typical girlie fare, which was pasta, salad, and cake. Then we whiled the time away together with couples (yeah, we stuck out like a sore thumb.) at the perimeter fence of Intramuros.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There was a wedding reception the night we ate at Orchidarium. I took a picture of the newly wedded couple walking over the bridge leading to the reception. Those glistening spots are bubbles marking their entrance. Romantic huh?:)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is my favorite shot of the night! Cool ng profile ni Joyce ‘no?:D This one’s at the perimeter fence, the fence overlooking a golf course.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fooling around. Obviously we had nothing better to do.:P

And yeah, we ended the night at Starbucks in Salcedo Village. Yep, some things never change.:)

Picture Gallery # 2 – My date with Marvin.

If last Saturday was a night tour of the Orchidarium, this time, Marvin and I went to the Orchidarium on an afternoon. But first, Marvin accompanied me to check out some lamp posts and other stuff related to my work at Soler and T. Alonzo. Then we went to UST, Marvin’s alma mater, and then at the Orchidarium.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My honey has a penchant for taking shots of flowers and other ‘art’pics (hehe, peace hon!:) ). Well, this is me taking a picture of him taking a picture of a butterfly in the Orchidarium.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A view of the Post Office through Liwasang Bonifacio.