4.03.2006

On my leave of absence

Today is the second day of my 3-month leave, and although I’m excited about it, I’m also apprehensive about what’s going to happen in the next 3 months. I’m supposed to make the most out of my 3 month leave. I really want to do well, not just for me and the people close to me, but for my officemates and bosses who support and believe in us. It’s not really a long leave, at least as compared to our friends in other offices, but for me it is long considering that there are 4 of us taking out a leave of absence from the office, and that our leaves were granted out of concern. So there. I feel pretty touched as it is.

On our last day in the office, we went out for lunch. I found it quite touching that our friends from the office want to see us do well in the exams. They even gave us send off cards. The card said that they will miss us and they hope we’ll come back soon. Although hastily made, it was still enough to elicit a tear or two.

Oh well.
***
I’m currently on break doing my logbook. I’m thinking…gosh, it’s so difficult to balance my hours.=( I’m already at that point wherein I already computed most of my hours and I found out that I lack man hours in most of the categories in the logbook.=( I have extra hours but I have yet to figure out where to place them. I couldn’t place my extra hours in one firm into the time period occupied by another firm. And I have so many coordination hours with the engineers that most of the other categories have been cast into shade.

At first I got so frustrated over my logbook. I mean, I’ve been through three firms and some horrendous and disappointing experiences, and it still isn’t enough. I know the logbook’s aims are not realistic, but still! Wala lang, I thought that all those experiences can at least count for something trivial like the logbook. Guess again.

Anyway, I’ll try to get some sleep first and figure out what to do when I wake up.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 p.m., Blogger ikeajane said...

Hi Mumty!

Wow. Talk about having a supportive environment. 3Month leave? Wow. :) Good luck on your upcoming exam, even if its months away.

Luvluv,
Myra

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home