1.01.2006

In the Wake of the New Year

Happy New Year everyone!!!:) As of this moment, I’m slowly putting away the Christmas tree by removing some of the balls hung on the branches. I’m doing this while waiting for my indigestion (?) to ebb away. The holidays are almost up and tomorrow, everything would be back to the usual Monday morning work scenario.

I couldn’t help but feel for the first time, that the start of the new year doesn’t seem as momentous like in the years past. It’s probably because of nothing really exciting to look forward to in the next couple of months except…the board exams.

*groan*

Oh well.^^;; I’ve decided to make the most out of the preparation time for the board exams. Bonding time with Joyce and my batchmates! Burning the midnight oil on those cool summer nights! But hey…that’s still around 5-6 months away!:P Time to clear away some debris.

Anyway, I’ve only made a couple of resolutions for the new year, starting with sticking to a realizable study habit and schedule, keeping my room immaculately clean (wooshoo!), sticking to just one company (hehe) and just being nice to everyone. Apart from that, hmmm….I have yet to think about.

The year 2005 has been a mixed bag (borrowing Marvin’s words) for me, and exciting as it was, I’m determined to not be too “adventurous” this year. God help me with this one. I’ll try not to make too much of a big deal of every single thing I set out to do for this new year and just…concentrate on getting the job done. I’m counting on some of the lessons I’ve learned in the past year, and hopefully, I can apply them this time around.

On a less personal note, I hope that things would pick up for the country. Last year has been a trying year for many of us, with the inflation skyrocketing and fares increasing, with hint of cheating tainting our credibility as a nation…well…the list goes on and on. It’s somewhat tiring to think of the negative things as permanent fixtures in the society, and I still want to believe in the best in people. Oh well.^^;;

God bless us all! :)

1 Comments:

At 11:58 p.m., Blogger RT said...

hi taz, bakit wala na sa blog mo yung links to other people's blogs? di ko mahanap kung pano makapunta sa blog ni charol e.

 

Een reactie posten

<< Home