4.01.2003

OR SO ME THINKS. I finished the last of the requirements today and save for the possible exam on
structurals, I think I'm already on vacation. Earlier, I've started clearing away debris of
my past semester, and it left me nostalgic. Why?....I guess it got me because not only
because I've just ended a great semester (well, it wasn't really great with the rest of my subjects)
but it brought me closer to other friends because of the projects we did together.) but also because,
I have something serious to do.

I need to take stock of my life. I need to dream - not only of the wonderful things that happened
in the past (something that I find myself doing more frequently), but also of what I really want
to happen in my life in the future.

-0-

This summer, I originally planned to work for an architectural firm as an apprentice. I applied
to one and got interviewed, but unfortunately they didn't get me. It felt bad because I really
wanted to gain some work experience, and it didn't help that two of my best buds got jobs.
Make no mistake - I am happy for them. I only wish I was also celebrating with them.

-0-

But I've realized that maybe God has better plans for me. I think I really need this summer.
I'm still a student, and I think it would be better if I made the most of the summer vacations that
I still have. Besides, I need to rest. And to think. Not only for next year's thesis, but
life in general. I'm not getting any younger, and the real world seems just a breath away. I don't think
I want to wake up after graduation next year and look in the mirror with a blank expression on my
face.