5.07.2005

It’s Saturday once again.

I headed for ATC after OT work to buy some stuff I needed at home and at the same time, check out stuff for our company outing. So there I was, scanning new swimsuits for the outing. My eyes roved over the two-piece suits -- actually, I had no choice, because all of them were either bikinis or tankinis. I couldn’t bring myself to wear swimsuits that have summery floral print--most of them look too overwhelming on my petite frame. So I tried out several black and white ones, with some looking very much like my usual undergarments. Yeech.

Did I mention that wearing a two-piece swimsuit is a frustration of mine? It’s right up there with wanting to be a ballerina and a singer. Hmm…I guess wearing one just appeals to my girlie side. And it looks and feels so….beachy. Beach = break = something I really need. Well, I know it’s somewhat more forgiving nowadays to be seen wearing one with flabs hanging out and all, but hey. I still have my hang-ups with regards to my body. I guess I’m a true-blue dalagang Pilipina whose only notion of a two-piece is a pair of shorts and shirt. And shucks, stretch marks and fat deposits galore! *Sigh* It’s quite funny how various exposures of flesh could have an effect on your overall appearance.

Anyway, what can I say? I’m too much of a chicken to try it out myself. There goes my manang side. I guess next time I should bring my cousin along with me.

***
I currently like Imago’s Akap. I like how the melodies of most of Imago’s songs make my mind wander far off…anyway, I guess this song reminds me of myself a few years back.

AKAP
Imago

Nagtatanong
bakit mahirap
sumabay sa agos
ng iyong mundo

Nagtataka
Simple lang naman sana
Ang buhay
Kung ika'y matino

Sabihin sa akin lahat ng lihim mo
Iingatan ko
Ibaling sa akin ang problema mo
kakayanin ko

Pikit mata
kong iaalay
ang buwan at araw
pati pa sapatos kong suot

Nagtatanong
simple lang naman sana
ang buhay
kung ika'y lumayo


Sasamahan ka sa tamis
Sasamahan ka sa dilim
Sasamahan ka hanggang langit
Sasamahan ka sa tamis
Sasamahan ka sa pait
Sasamahan ka sa dilim
Sasamahan ka hanggang langit
Sasamahan ka