4.04.2003

IT'S FREAKING HOT IN HERE. Summer has barely started, and already I'm feeling sticky and prickly all over. It's so humid and hot in here! I would definitely have to distract myself from the heat.=(

-o-

But heat notwithstanding, summers are always welcome respite from all the work and studying that is the norm during school days. I definitely have fond memories of summers past, and each one was a pleasant one. (Except for one summer when my grandmother died.) I discovered my love for reading during one summer. During the others I took art workshops, ballet, and other forms of hobby classes. I met good friends who are still barkada - I even became one of the godmothers to a friend's son. I saw other places on other vacations. And on one I actually realized I was in love with a boy.

How quaint.

Anyway, as a continuation to my, um, musings on how to spend my last summer vacation as an undergrad...hmm, I am actually looking for inspiration as to how to make the most out of this summer. Yeah, I said that I was planning to take on a summer-long meditation as to how I'm going to do my thesis - and with the rest of my life for that matter - but in actuality I need to do something CONCRETE. Yup, concrete.

-o-

I plan on scanning my pictures and placing them on cd. And I bought a tray for all the flower seeds I would plant during the summer.

But if I get desperate enough, I might look for a job.

-o-

I have yet to watch the other Oscar-nominated movies , 'Gangs of New York' and 'The Hours'. I wonder if they are already showing. I already saw 'Chicago' three weeks ago, and I wasn't disappointed. (I loved the Zellweger - Zeta Jones' ender, 'I Move On'.)