5.06.2003

ERRATUM. Alcala is in Pangasinan, and not in Pampanga as I earlier wrote.

***

BROWSING AROUND. It’s already May, and though I still feel sluggish (and at times, such a loser), I am making progress on the things I set out to do. I’m making progress on the VIZ and Flash, wrapping up old EDRES work, and preparing documents for driving lessons. Yup – there are moments of victory amidst many hours of lying around and reading old Nancy Drew and River Heights pocketbooks.

Speaking of which, I read a River Heights pocketbook yesterday, which I swear is still the best juvenile read ever. I should know - I still feel like a juvenile after reading one of those books! For the uninitiated, it’s a spin-off from the Nancy Drew series, using Nancy Drew’s hometown, River Heights, as backdrop and featuring the students of River Heights High as the main protagonists and antagonists in the plot. It has loads of the romance, jealousy, intrigues, angst and really little of… school.

I almost completed the series, except for a couple of books that I wasn’t able to get while they were still available (which was like, a decade ago). I really liked them back then, and I have to admit, I like them still, even though I really can’t relate to them since : 1) they’re in high school and I’m nearly done with college and 2) they have much more colorful love lives than I do. Hmm. They’re good escape reads – especially when one is forcing herself to read ‘academic’ stuff for thesis and HPAIR applications.

***
Guilty as charged. Hey – I can’t spend all my time bumming around, can I? Anyway, it’s kinda hard to find inspiration for topics when all I face is blank air, so I crank open readings, essays of professors, past works, etcetera.

I’ve also tried to read ‘Wuthering Heights’ for the nth time. Geez. Give me a newspaper anyday.