5.18.2003

MAKING THE MOST OUT OF SUMMER. I had a productive weekend. My thesis mates (already finalized! Joyce and Peter are the ones!) and I are finally seeing eye to eye on things, and more or less we are getting a clearer picture of things we want to pursue for our research. Whew. I thought we would forever be afflicted by the summer bug.

My driving lessons went along great! My driving experience so far covered Sucat Road, Evacom all the way to Las Piñas, and to ATC. And earlier this morning, with the help of the instructor, I was able to drive us from our starting point in BF, down Service Road, to Villamor Air Base (I finally saw the NAIA Terminal 3.) and through some villages in Parañaque. Before I knew it (hehe, as if hindi ako yung nag-drive), we were already in Las Piñas and then back at Sucat. Cool! Contrary to my fears, I didn’t bump into anyone, or anything, and I have more or less control of the wheel. I still drive like a granny though, but who cares? At least I drive with caution. Yippee! I can’t wait to get my license! Maybe all those times I sat in front with Joyce and all of my other driver girl friends had an effect on me. Girls, you’re my inspiration! Thank you thank you!=D

Another goal down.

***
I got a surprise when I came home from driving lessons. A neighbor gave us a pup today, a cute white mongrel who could barely walk his way around. He was hiding near the gas range, away from our other dog, the aggressive Monique. Earlier, the nasty she-devil was pawing and practically biting his back! She also dirtied his white fur.=( The poor thing couldn’t fight back, and so he retreated to where it was almost impossible for us to pull him out.

I can’t help but compare our two dogs. For one, it made me realize how big Monique was. Before and after her daddy died (around a year ago), Monique was our puppy and to this day, she still looks like one, except that she’s fat. She’s cute, small and curly haired – she reminds me so much of a stuffed dog I got years back. But looking at Lei (I’ve decided to call him that) and then looking back at Monique was like seeing two pictures of puppies that were rescaled.

Song of the Week: I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick. Groovy song!=D Letters to Cleo did a cover of it for the movie ’10 Things I Hate About You.’