8.22.2004

GIMIK WEEKEND 2



Earlier, I went out with friends from high school. Noee, a classmate of ours who moved to the US after high school grad, was visiting and I couldn’t resist not seeing her and not going to the class reunion altogether. Hmmmm…minsan-minsan nga lang ito. Although medyo nanghihinayang ako – I only came to see them for lunch. I simply had to back out of going to the dinner get-together since, if ever I still went to the dinner out, I would be out for 3 nights in a row and my mom would definitely wring my neck! Not to mention, everything that has happened in the last 72 hours was too much for my relatively sedentary lifestyle…

Anyway, it was nice to see them again! I haven’t seen Noee since we graduated from high school, and I think the same goes for Jo H. I also haven’t seen Sandra’s son, Anton, ever. Sigh. It just amazes me how time flies so fast. But what’s even more amazing is that, despite our very different lives, we still managed to meet up and catch on things. And that’s really a remarkable feat, considering some of us are already based in other… continents. Gosh.


Here we are at Big Buddha, a Chinese resto very similar to Super Bowl. (Karen told me the restaurants are owned by one entity.) From L to R: there’s Ot, Tatin, Noee (the one behind Tatin), Nina, Sandra and Anton, Bhon (the guy at the back) and Karen, moi, and Jo H.

Oh well. Thanks guys, for everything. I was really happy seeing you again. Hopefully I would be able to join you guys in the next class reunion!:)