8.07.2004

Ok. I’m so behind a lot of entries. I was planning on writing during the week, but every time I attempted to, drowsiness got the better of me.

It was actually a pretty eventful week, and I had something better to write other than my usual work kwento of commenting on plans and the like.

But first, let me start with an anecdote from work.

ON BEING A REGULAR


I worked OT for the first time last Wednesday. It is unusual for my boss to work OT, so me being his apprentice and specs assistant for the most part, it should be even more rare – no, close to never – that I work OT, since I don’t do production drawings and hello…my boss even leaves earlier than I do on a normal day.

But it just so happened that my boss had a lot of submittals the following morning, and we had visitors/potential clients also coming over in the morning, and so my boss made me stay to continue what I was doing and also to pack stuff. Okay lang naman…I actually find it amusing because my boss was “forced” to make his workstation a bit less cluttered for a change.

Anyway, on the same day my boss asked me to do some overtime work, he also asked me what my future plans were. I was quite unsure what to say, since I wasn’t also sure about what I really wanted to achieve yet. I was thinking I would look for work elsewhere if GF doesn’t absorb me in a month or two, but I was also hesitant because I felt I haven’t really maximized my stay in the office.

It turned out my boss wanted to know what my plans were because he was planning to recommend me to be a regular, and most likely I would still be assigned to specs writing. I somewhat mentioned to my boss that I would prefer being temporarily assigned to production, since I need the log hours for drafting. But my boss said that was just the ideal; I shouldn’t really feel compelled to follow it to the letter. Oh well. I suppose specs writing would really be fine since I haven’t fully mastered it, or anything close to mastering it.

I just mentioned this because it felt good to be considered for something. For once, I didn’t feel like an incompetent apprentice who’s always trying to find her way around. And it felt nice to have your future being weighed by your superiors, and they envision that your future should be with the firm. Maybe my boss feels that slowly I’m being more adept to the way things work around the office. Actually, I have no idea if he would recommend me immediately or what, but at least I don’t feel like I’m hanging in the balance.

Hmmm…time to reconsider handing out resumes.:)

MEETING AN OLD FRIEND


Yesterday, Myra and I met up in Ayala. Myra is a friend from way back - she was one the closest friends I had from high school. We haven’t met up in a long time, since we went to different colleges and currently we are working in places so far from each other.

Anyway, it was nice to catch on things. We ate at Yoshinoya, and then had dessert in Haagen-Das. We mostly caught up on news on people from high school, our respective love lives (or lack of), and other girly stuff. Fun! Feels like time stood still.:)



A bit blurry, but this was the clearest pic we had together. We already finished our coffee and dessert by this time.

I spent the night at Myra’s to catch up on more stuff. Super impromptu nga eh, I wasn’t expecting to sleep over at someone else’s house. But fun! It was a totally spontaneous thing to do, something that I never get to do at all.:)

We picked out a movie to bond over with. Hmmm…hindi okay serious movie…chick flick was the way to go. After glossing over some titles, we finally settled with The Prince and Me..

And this is actually what my next entry would be talking about…


THE PRINCE AND ME.


I really liked this movie. Super!:) I didn’t try catching this in the cinemas because normally I’d try to catch more ‘serious’ movies in the theaters over chick flicks. And what’s with the title? I felt they could have used a more creative title than that.

But my opinion changed after watching this. It’s a feel good movie alright – I FELT GOOD AFTERWARDS!:D Julia Stiles and Luke Mably really make a cute couple onscreen! They have undeniable chemistry – something well, lacking in the previous movie I saw. (Read the previous entries and you’ll know what movie I’m talking about.)
I’ve always liked Julia Stiles – envious too, ‘coz she’s been paired with some of the hottest guys in the biz – Heath Ledger, Freddie Prinze Jr, Josh Hartnett… Luke Mably is cool too, although at times he reminds me a lot of that guy from the Axe commercial. He looks dashing in his red royal get-up (though the huge tassle does not help a bit), sophisticated because of the accent and the European charm…

Fine. I admit it. I like Luke Mably.

Anyway, this movie is simply too much for realists – imagine, the girl gets everything – the guy, the crown, med school (sorry for those who haven’t watched the movie)?! But even though this movie is your typical, formulaic, feel-good romantic - - CHEESY movie it’s still a treat because of the couple’s appeal. What else? Oh, there are no real antagonists in the movie, it’s just the whole ‘it’s-too-good-to-be-true’ scenario and making choices between duty and normalcy, that sort of thing. The movie actually reminds me a lot of Chasing Liberty, although for one thing, in Chasing Liberty the girl is the VIP in the story, and another, it suffers from insipid acting from Mandy Moore and weak generation of suspension of disbelief.

Here are some scenes taken from the movie:






#1 & #2 Scenes of the two of them together. In one pic, Paige and Eddie are at Paige’s family’s barn, where the two of them are spending thanksgiving. The other pic is at Prince Edvard’s coronation ball. Don’t the two of them look cute together?:D




#3 The Danish Parliament Now, this scene I found funny. I found it amusing to see Prince Edvard, in full royal regalia and Paige in tow, running across the Parliamentary Hall just to proclaim the session open. Haha.




#4 The Axe man This scene is at the start of the movie, just when Eddie moved in as an exchange student. In this scene, he was with his personal assistant. Anyway, doesn’t he look like that guy from the Axe commercial?:)




#5 The Proposal When Eddie proposed, his palm opened with a butterfly covering the ring. Awww..






#6 & #7 More Prince Edvard pics Wala lang.:)