6.16.2003

FRESH MP3S,LSES. Some of the songs I’ve been listening to lately. (Read: playing on my phone) It’s rather interesting that I find myself listening to a multilingual set of songs.

1. Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. I’m not a teen, nor a dirtbag. I just like the guitar riffs produced by the band. I was able to record the live version of this song, and I just like the raw feel of this ditty.
2. Kiss from a Rose by Seal. Brings me back to my freshman days in high school.
3. Sleep All Day by Jason Mraz. A constant fixture on my list. Another song with the words ‘guitar’ and ‘old folk’ attached to it.
4. Unwell by Matchbox 20. A song that seems to fit my current disposition and one of the topics my partners and I are thinking of – designing a mental asylum.
5. I Truly Love You by Jerry Yan. The first of the Mandarin songs. I really didn’t like this song when I first saw the video (that’s where I first heard it) seeing that it has the usual ingredients for a mushy, not-so-interesting ballad number. But hey. I’m a sucker for romance. And the song kinda grows on you.
6. Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow. Another song from freshman high school era! I really liked this song back then, and I still do up to now. Great ‘guitar’ songs just never die. I’m not a fan of Sheryl Crow, but I really, really like this song. I think this is the only song of hers that I like.
7. The Remedy by Jason Mraz. Isn’t it obvious that I prefer this guy over John Mayer?
8. Beautiful Ones by Suede. I’m not sure why I’m still listening to this song, since I wasn’t able to record a good live version. (The scream of the fans nearly drown out the song.) But I did like this song when it first came out. And another thing – this song always reminds me of my cousins.
9. Season of Fireworks by F4. Another Mandarin ditty! Great melody, the boys don’t sound too much like a boyband. Or at least one can concentrate more on the melody rather than the lyrics.
10. Life’s a Bitch by Shooter. This time, this song brings me back to freshman college days.
11. Te Amo (I Love You) by Chayanne. This is a song from the soundtrack of ‘Meteor Garden II’. I like this song – it has a catchy melody. But it kinda sounds something you would associate with a videoke. And I still have a hard time figuring out whether the song is in Mandarin or Spanish – heck, it may be just F4 substituting Mandarin lyrics to a Chayanne song and singing ‘Te Amo’ in the refrain.
12. Lose Your Way by Sophie B. Hawkins. Another DC song. (The first one was ‘Life’s a Bitch’)
13. Ocean Drive by Lighthouse Family. I like this song despite the sad meaning behind it. And I’ve always been a fan of Lighthouse Family.
He left you
Black and blue
Without a word of explanation
And he took your love for granted and,
He left you high and dry
But you know
Someday
Well you'll wonder what you see in him, anyway
When that day arrives
We'll live on Ocean Drive

14. Ni Yau De Ai by Penny Tai. The main background music for MG. I’ve read somewhere that that this song literally means ‘The Love You Want’. Anyway, this song is beautiful in any language.
15. Qing Fei De Yi by Harlem Yu. The opening song for MG. A quirky song that seems to be just right for…introducing a show? ABS attempted to translate the lyrics in Filipino but it really sounds funny. Hmm-better leave it with funny sounding melody with an unfamiliar language, right? Um, this song kinda grows on you.
16. No Me Ames by J. Lo and Marc Antony. Don’t Love Me – hehe, it kinda sounds like another song that I know.
17. Remember When by Color Me Badd. I still have yet to hear this line from the whole song. And whatever happened to Color Me Badd? They just disappeared in the mid 90’s. Anyway, another song with Spanish words! And a Spanish feel (they have a way of playing with guitars – has a rhythm, bossa nova feel to it.) Cool. Spanish just sounds so sexy.
18. Superman by Five for Fighting. I’m not much of a lyric person. I just like hearing the song played on the piano. So don’t ask me whether I find the song romantic or what.

There. Now I have to go back to thesis. And I have to listen to the Rivermaya songs Joyce gave me.=D