6.23.2003

Almost a week’s worth of journal entries coming up!

BUSY, BUSY WEEK. Finally! Something to write about besides songs and thoughts. Already in busy mode – we have only a few weeks left before we turn in a more or less refined proposal of our methodology for thesis. At first, I have to admit I was kinda reluctant – parang ang hirap…I mean…HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS?!? We don’t have the slightest idea on what we want to work on, and AGREE to work on. We have ideas, but most entail experiments and methodologies that we have yet to have a clear idea of. Our thesis adviser told us to approach a certain topic in a way that we can be able to detail, for example, how the bolts look like in a building system (supposing) we are to propose. We must train our minds to think that way so we would be able to get our bases covered as much as we can.

Our groupmates and I have agreed to work with bamboo for our thesis topic, and for that I am rather relieved. At this point, I want to concentrate on something rather than think of vague ideas. At least we can start from there and branch out to possibilities that deal with bamboo.

We still have our work cut out for us. A million things have already been done about bamboo – from bridges to houses to pavilions to structural joints to plybamboo – um, the list could go on and on.

But I am so determined to go ahead with this. If not, I might forgo with the structural stuff altogether.
***
I would like to give special thanks to the group of Ge Joson, Katz Regala, and Patrick Apacible. We liked their thesis on creating a building system based on Philippine vernacular architecture, and so we sought them out. Right decision - these guys gave out advice and helpful tips in tackling our thesis topic. Thank you thank you! It made me admire these people more – their enthusiasm for their study and generous nature is just something to emulate.

***
ARC Video. Aside from thesis, another thing that kept me awake for a couple of nights was this presentation for the college G.A. and Freshmen Assembly. As one last hurrah for ARC, (FYI: We officially graduated from ARC last Wednesday.) I made this video advertisement – it’s got clippings from MTV, Meteor Garden, and some commercials - depicting our message of inviting freshmen to join the registration corps. The experience was cool! It looks like one of those plugs for MTV. It was my first time to edit a video – I was able to stream the video clips and add text and music. I picked out this 2-minute song from my chill out collection – Pepino Beach by Marcos Valle, and just mixed them all together. Sigh. I only wish I could show it here.

Ironic. I find myself knowing a lot of programs but I still don’t know how to make a webpage.

***
THE I LOVE YOU SONG. I finally discovered why my version of Te Amo doesn’t sound Spanish! It turns out I have the F4 version all along, hence the Mandarin interpretation. (So I was kinda right.) The good thing is, I recently got the Chayanne version of the song. Cool. I like both versions.=D