5.22.2005

REWIND.Dug a post from three years ago.

5.22.2002
It's been a while since I last blogged in. Nothing really serious
happened over the last few days. It's just that I got caught up in
between research work and well, sleep. I just couldn't get enough
of sleep lately -- man, I really should condition myself to sleep on
time! I can't really do away with sleeping the whole day away once
school starts. Sigh, summer. This has got to be my best summer while
in college - I actually experience summer BREAK instead of summer
CLASSES!

More on the lazy summer days. Over the days I wasn't able to blog, I
managed to catch Star Wars' Episode II in the theaters. I wasn't
able to watch it on its first day, but it was okay. The theaters
weren't as crowded as I thought, and I really believed that the
movie would pack the theaters...oh well, win some, lose some.
***
Yoda rocks! That scene was just way cool! I guess it just elicited
amusement in the audience - I mean, we all know Yoda is the master
of the Jedis, but the element of disbelief was just broken with Yoda
wielding a light saber...I just had to laugh!=)

And Yoda has this way of speaking in riddles, or in verses, when all
he really does is to invert the order of prepositions and subjects
in his lines! Consider this:
"Begun, the clone wars has..."
"Until caught this killer is, our judgement she must respect...."

***
And Natalie Portman...(geez, to my guy friends - give me a break!) She
is surely my definition of 'startingly beautiful'. Natalie's
thespic abilities weren't really put to the test in this movie,
given that all she had to do was to run away with Anakin and look good (in her
case, otherworldly good) doing it. Oh well. It's too bad that
sparks didn't fly between Anakin and Padme, but at least they were
good visual eye candy to the viewers....
***
Anyway, I liked the second installment of the prequel trilogy, though I think
it's rather best that I leave further analysis of the movie to the
critics.


***

On a more serious subject, it's alarming how high temperatures are
rising these days. I read an article in the newspaper about the
author swapping stories with other journalists from Asian countries in
recent summit, and all complained how hot it is in their countries,
with some expressing fear over the imminent shortage of crops in
the dry spell. And all of those deaths in India because of the heat wave.
I realize that despite the prevailing heat, most of the people living in
the city have become so used to it that to complain about the heat
is already something of a greeting, or an ice-breaker, much like
asking about the time or some other run-of-the-mill opener.

But the ongoing heat wave is really something to worry about. On a
more personal level, I just feel like an ice cube about to melt away
in the heat of the sun. Even more unbearable is the humidity -- imagine
how'd you feel waking up everyday in the morning feeling all sweaty
and sticky? And you haven't done anything yet! Major ick.

Anyway, I feel that I should do my part in lowering these temperatures, but
how? It's so rooted in a much deeper problem that needs all of our
participation. How do you beginning cleaning up the environment when
most people are too preoccupied with other concerns?

I could think of cliche answers, but no real solutions.

Just some food for thought.

mushymush + 12:04:22 PM