1.04.2005

2004.



I’ve long wanted to write an entry about this year, both in my personal journal and blog. But somehow, I couldn’t seem to put myself together…I couldn’t seem to really compose my thoughts. I couldn’t seem to express what I really feel about this year. I couldn’t say that I was really happy about this year. Neither was I sad or lukewarm about it. It’s just really…really…

I have mixed feelings about this year. So many things have happened in this year that up to now I am still overwhelmed by the changes that happened in my life. I didn’t go anywhere else for this year, but from one viewpoint, everything that has happened so far seem to ball up into one long and exciting journey – and looking from that point of view, it might seem such a cool adventure. And I say to myself, this is what I’ve always wanted, right? But unlike a road trip or a trip abroad that only seems exhilarating and exciting, my life journey for this year has brought me my share of disappointments along with the happy moments.

For the most part, I guess I could say I became more keenly aware of the things that has been happening around me. In a way, I guess I could say I’m reluctantly happy about it. Reluctant is the word. Sometimes I couldn’t believe those things happened for little ‘ol me.

Let’s see. I finished thesis. I graduated. I rested. I missed some chances. But I made the transition from bumhood to work. I eventually got excited about work. I got disappointed as well. I eventually learned to deal with it.

I missed my friends. I made new ones.

And I fell in love.

***
I am glad because my friends seem to be happy with what has happened so far in their lives after college. I am relieved to know that everyone seems to have adjusted well.

I should also consider myself lucky and blessed. Though there were times when I wished I was in someone else’s shoes, at the end of the day I’d still like to be me. It’s not every year one gets to experience dramatic changes in their lives through the people they meet, or share the whole year with. I suppose the past year has been such one year for me. I have learned -- actually, still learning – valuable lessons that I admittedly am struggling to practice in my life.

***
Anyway, it’s the dawn of another year. I just want to say that I am looking forward to what this year has to offer. I pray that this year would bring lots of blessings not just for me but for everyone as well.

And to my honey -- you’re one of the reasons why I’m looking forward to this year.
I love you.^^